Monday, May 10, 2010

Rancocas Valley Plein Air Painters

"Farm Field"
6 x 8 Oil on Linen

I've been looking for a local group to paint with for some time. A friend of mine introduced me to a group called the Rancocas Valley Plein Air Painters. It meets every Tuesday afternoon at various locations in south Jersey. Last week we met at Allen's Farm Museum in Southampton, NJ. It's fun to network with other fellow artists and take my painting on the road.

This small 6 x 8 study is my version of a scene where I used my artistic license to modify the painting for interest. The tree on the left, red blossoms and fence are fabricated from my imagination. It's available on Ebay.
author image

Lynn Snyder

My journey of learning to see as an artist.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn, Great blog! I'm also a daily painter. I found your blog by googling Rancocas Plein Air which I learned about yesterday at the Batsto Plein air.

    ReplyDelete